CORPORATE FINANCE REGS No 2/2020
APPROVAL OF TASMANIA DIVISION EXPENDITURE
Purpose: To define the policy and provide clarity of the approval process to enter into commitments for operational and capital purchases or engaging a service to be paid from Tasmanian Division Funds.
1. Operational and capital purchases or services engaged by the Tasmanian Division up to a value of $500 requires approval by one of the following:
2. Operational and capital purchases or services engaged by the Tasmanian Division to a value $501 – $10,000 requires approval by the State President and one of the following:
3. Operational and capital purchases or services engaged by the Tasmanian Division to a value of greater than $10,000 must be presented to the State Executive Council at a formal meeting or by circulating resolution out of session.
4. A service that is to run for a period of time up to 12 months and occurs at regular intervals within the period will only require initial approval in accordance with 1 and 2.
5. Approval of expenditure of Utilities (Rates, Water and Electricity) and servicing of firefighting equipment and fire alarms sits outside this Regulation.
6. Approval of BAS payments sits outside this Regulation.
STATE PRESIDENT 09 June 2020